Thursday 27 January 2011

Kelier Black Crack Polish from Born Pretty

So Jessica from http://bornprettystore.com/, which btw, has some other amazing nail art items, sent me the Kelier Black Crackle Polish for me to review.
I will say that I had to play with it for a few minutes, to discover the best way to use this Crack polish, and here is what I learned. In order to get the effect I preferred, I needed my base coat to dry 100%. When it was, I applied a pretty thick coat of the Black Crack polish, and waited. Now unlike others I've tried, this one did take a smidge longer for the cracks to appear, but once they did, i loved it! Then I also learned that if you plan on using a top coat, WAIT. The Crack polish needs to be 100% dried. If it is not, when you apply it, it sort of fills in the cracks, and just looks like a plain old black polish.

Here was my final mani....Now I know this look isn't for everyone, but I'm a fan :P




The pic below is where I was playing in the beginning. My ring finger, 3rd finger, was the one that I let my base dry completely, and applied a thick coat of Crack polish over top, and also waited for the Crack Polish to dry 100%.

My pointer, middle & pinky, I also applied dry, but applied a VERY thin coat of Crack polish. This caused TONS of itty bitty cracks, which did look cool, but I preferred the fewer tad bigger cracks. Then you can kind of see how when I applied my top coat while the Crack polish was still semi wet, that some of the cracks vanished, and filled in. It was weird.

















If you are interested in ordering from Born Pretty, use my code, CHLOEK31, and get 10% off from now till March 31st, 2011,

No comments:

Post a Comment